Friday, September 19, 2014

New Apple Devices and Announcements

In spirit of the arrival of the iPhone 6 and 6 plus, I felt that it was necessary to talk about Apple's most recent developments.  I am not very fond of the iPhone for multiple reasons.  While I acknowledge that it is indeed a good phone, I do not consider making the device thinner and larger with a better display is  serious improvement.  However, I suppose you are entitled to your own belief about Apple's progress since with their phones.  What I believe is more important about Apple's most recent innovations is the announcement of Apple Pay, and the revealing of the Apple Watch.  Apple Pay, is simply the idea that credit cards are now obsolete.  Using your iPhone, you will be capable of storing any credit or debit card and with a single swipe, pay at stores.  Certain chains such as McDonald's and Citi have already adapted to the idea, and will be accepting Apple Pay.  Another platform for Apple Pay is the Apple Watch, in which your Credit Cards will be loaded to your wrist.  While the concept is intriguing, I still wonder if Apple Pay will be accepted in most chains around the country, and if one day in the far future, Credit Cards and cash will no longer be used.  This brings me to my next topic, the Apple Watch.  Because of the iPhone 6 and 6 plus' humongous display of 4.7 and 5.5 inches respectively are not only going to be hard to fit in the pocket, but a pain to get out of your bag.  This is the reason for the potential sales for the Apple Watch.  Similar to Android Wear, the Apple Watch is truly meant for answering emails, texts, and phone calls.  It has certain other interesting features, which include Apple Pay, Maps (GPS), Sending sketches, remote controlling a camera, Siri, playing music on its own, stocks, and of course, telling time.  Just looking at the Apple Watch and its features, I feel at has a very bright future, with their first attempt being aesthetically pleasing and looks to fulfill all of the purposes of a smart watch.  As I stressed earlier, while I am often against Apple, I must admit I that am extremely excited for their upcoming technology releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment